The Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation awards scholarships to students that display positive character, leadership skills, academic excellence, community involvement, and future aspirations.
Up to four (4) scholarships in amounts up to $2,500 each will be awarded to graduating high school seniors pursuing a full-time course of study at a college, university or vocational / technical school.
Funds will be dispersed directly to the college, university, or vocational / technical school upon the Chamber receiving a course schedule from the applicant. Funds are dispersed at the beginning of the fall and spring terms.
Scholarships will be awarded at the students’ high school graduating awards banquet.
The Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to withhold the scholarship or any portion thereof at any time it may determine it is not in the best interest of the Chamber to make such an award.
- Kenosha County resident
- Graduating high school senior
- Must have a connection to the Kenosha Area
- Chamber of Commerce either through a member employer or a parent / guardian’s employer.
- Applicants must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 / 4.0, or have shown considerable improvement in their academic performance. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 must submit a written statement explaining why they should be considered despite not meeting the minimum GPA requirement.
- Applicants must participate in extracurricular activities. This may include apprenticeships, co-op programs, work experience, athletics, art, clubs, etc.
- Applicants must have demonstrated community involvement. This could include religious organizations, community groups, volunteer work, or other involvement.
- Available for interview between April 21, 2016.
Applications are due March 31, 2016 by 3:00pm.